Note: 13 year olds may choose Youth or Teen camp. They are automatically registered for youth camp but can request to be moved up to teen camp by calling our office.
Teens will be challenged and inspired through our summer program. Leadership qualities will be strengthened, skills enhanced, and physical ability tested. In contrast to our youth program, teens will travel off-site three days per week for hiking, camping, service projects, adventure activities and field trips (see below for a weekly description), in addition to a specialized range of activities and electives provided by our mentors. Teen camp is all about equipping young adults with the tools needed to meet the challenges ahead, while providing an engaging environment in which they can fully thrive.
- June 19-23: Water Mania | Cool waves rushing past your skin, the pounding of your heart as you hurl yourself off the diving board—Admit it—you’re a water addict! Luckily, this week's jam-packed with swimming, a 3.5 mile tubing trip, boating, cave exploration, dam building and an overnight campout to Hershey Park will start the summer off with a splash!
- July 10-14: Outback | This week is all about the pure adventure available in the great outdoors. We will enjoy hiking at Cunningham Falls as well as a special off site zip line and tubing trip. There's definitely something for everyone who loves the call of the wild.
- July 24-28: Mission Possible | Here is your mission—take a week and light a fire with us! We’re going to serve all over Hagerstown and leave a mark on our community. In addition to several off-site service projects, we'll end the week defying gravity on a high ropes course. This is your mission- do you choose to accept it?
- July 31-August 4: Survivor | This is your moment, that chance to test yourself against nature and see where you stand! Complex challenges, team building activities, navigation skills - you name it, we'll cover it. We will do motor boat water sports on the Potomac and go hiking at Harper's Ferry that will reward with a spectacular view. Learn to live off the land on a fishing trip and end the week with an overnight campout.
- August 7-11: Game Changer! | SPORTS, you love them. But here is the big problem, how do you choose? I mean, there is ice skating, bowling, golf and laser tag, and we are just getting started. There are still sports like tennis, soccer, football; the list just goes on and on… Life isn’t always fun and games, but this week, it is! Come get in the zone, unleash your inner champion, try something new, and have a sports blast!
- August 21-25: River Adventure | Following in the footsteps of Huck Finn, campers will spend both lazy time on the Potomac River and engage in island exploration. We will also enjoy a white water rafting trip. There's no telling what might happen on the mysterious waters of the Potomac!
Each week includes:
- Character training & life skills
- Service projects
- Team building & communication skills
- Nerf wars & Bombardment games
- Adventure Activities
- Canoeing, Kayaking & Creek Activities
- Survival skills
- Outdoor cooking & fire building
Off-site field trips are an integral part of our teen program and are typically taken on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9:00 am - 3:30 pm via camp bus. Please be aware of this scheduling detail when planning late arrival or early pickup. Though our drop-off hours are from 7:00-9:00 am and pickup is from 3:30-6:00 pm, the teen program itself runs from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Before and after these times campers will join in with the electives and free time activities of the youth camp.